Associate Professor Jia Xiaoteng
College of Electronic Science and Engineering, Jilin University
Address: 2699 Qianjin Street, Changchun 130012, China
Tel: (+86) 431-85167808
Dr. Xiaoteng Jia is currently an Associate Professor at State Key Laboratory of Integrated Optoelectronics, College of Electronic Science and Engineering, Jilin University, China. He received both of double B.Sc. Degrees (2010) in Chemistry & Biotechnology and M.Sc. Degree (2013) in Polymer Chemistry and Physics at Jilin University, and Ph.D. Degree at ARC Centre of Excellence for Electromaterials Science, the University of Wollongong in 2017. His research interests include synthesis of biodegradable conducting polymers and conductive biomaterials for advanced biosensors and bio-batteries. He has published over 40 SCI retrieval papers in international journals, with more than 1,000 SCI citations and H-index: 17.
09/2013-12/2017 Ph.D. in Chemistry
ARC Centre of Excellence for Electromaterials Science, University of Wollongong, Australia
Thesis: Biocompatible/Biodegradable Materials for Implantable Mg-Air Batteries
Supervisors: Professor Gordon G. Wallace and Dr. Caiyun Wang
09/2010-07/2013 M.S. in Polymer Chemistry and Physics
Alan MacDiarmid Institute, College of Chemistry, Jilin University, China
Thesis: Synthesis and properties of pendant electroactive polymers bearing oligoaniline groups
Supervisor: Professor Ce Wang
09/2006-07/2010 Double B.S. Degrees in Chemistry & Biotechnology
Pilot Program in Science, College of Chemistry and College of Life Science, Jilin University
12/2019- Now A/Professor, College of Electronic Science and Engineering, Jilin University
01/2019-12/2019 Postdoctoral Scholar, University of California, Irvine, US
Supervisor: Professor Alon Gorodetsky
09/2017-11/2018 Research Fellow, Macquarie University, Australia
Supervisor: Professor Jim Piper
2017 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-Financed Students Abroad, CSC
2015 Bill Wheeler Award, University of Wollongong
2013 International Postgraduate Research Scholarships, Ministry of Education of Australia
2012 National Scholarship for Graduate Students, Ministry of Education of China
2011 Samsung Scholarship, Jilin University
1. Implantable batteries: Biocompatible solid-state Mg-air batteries, Organic electrode for aqueous Zn-ion batteries
2. Flexible electronics: Electrochemical biosensors, Flexible pressure sensors, Conductive hydrogel based wearable sensors
3. Advanced sensing materials: Synthesis of conducting polymers, Functional protein-based biomaterials
Ten Selected Publications
1. Mei Yang, Xiaoteng Jia∗, Dayong He, Yuying Ma, Ya Cheng, Jing Wang, Yongxin Li, Ce Wang*, A superhydrophobic and corrosion-resistant electrospun hybrid membrane for high-efficient electromagnetic interference shielding. ACS Applied Electronic Materials 2021, 3, 1550-1573.
2. Meihua Zhu, Xiaoteng Jia∗, Yumei Li, Chen Zhao, Danming Chao*, Caiyun Wang, A cytocompatible conductive polydopamine towards electrochromic energy storage device. Electrochimica Acta 2021, 374, 137961
3. Xiaoteng Jia; Caiyun Wang; Chong-Yong Lee; Changchun Yu; Gordon G. Wallace*; Energy Materials for Transient Power Sources, MRS Bulletin 2020, 45(2): 121-128.
4. Xiaoteng Jia, Yu Ge, Caiyun Wang*, Gordon G. Wallace*, Tunable Conducting Polymer Electrodes: Toward Sustainable and Versatile Batteries. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering 2019, 7, 14321-14340.
5. Danming Chao, Yimeng Yang, Xiaoteng Jia∗, Erik B. Berda*, Rationally-designed multi responsive fluorescent switching polymer films, Dyes and Pigments 2019, 167, 77-82.
6. Xiaoteng Jia, Caiyun Wang*, Vijayaraghavan Ranganathan, Bradley Napier, Changchun Yu, Yunfeng Chao, Maria Forsyth, Fiorenzo G. Omenetto, Douglas R. MacFarlane, Gordon G. Wallace*, A biodegradable thin-film magnesium primary battery using silk fibroin-ionic liquid polymer electrolyte. ACS Energy Letters 2017, 2, 831-836.
7. Xiaoteng Jia, Caiyun Wang*, Chen Zhao, Yu Ge, Gordon G. Wallace*, Towards biodegradable mg-air bioelectric batteries composed of silk fibroin-polypyrrole film. Advanced Functional Materials 2016, 26, 1454-1462.
8. Xiaoteng Jia, Yang Yang, Caiyun Wang*, Chen Zhao, R. Vijayaraghavan, Douglas MacFarlane, Maria Forsyth, Gordon G. Wallace*, Biocompatible ionic liquid-biopolymer electrolyte enabled thin and compact biocompatible magnesium air batteries. ACS Applied Materials and Interface 2014, 6, 21110-21117.
9. Xiaoteng Jia, Danming Chao, Erik B. Berda, Songhao Pei, Hongtao Liu, Tian Zheng, Ce Wang*, Fabrication of electrochemically responsive surface relief diffraction gratings based on a multifunctional polyamide containing oligoaniline and azo groups. Journal of Materials Chemistry 2011, 21, 18317-18324.
10. Xiaoteng Jia, Danming Chao, Hongtao Liu, Libing He, Tian Zheng, Xiujie Bian, Ce Wang*, Synthesis and properties of novel electroactive poly(amic acid) and polyimide copolymers bearing pendant oligoaniline groups. Polymer Chemistry 2011, 2, 1300-1306.
Research Groups of the College